Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Health Worker Bursary
For the third consecutive year, Northern Queensland Primary Health Network (NQPHN) is proud to offer bursaries to enable Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander Health Workers who are currently practicing, to attend myPHN Conference 2018.
As a premium event on the primary health calendar attended by a wide range of health professionals, educators, and key influencers in Australian primary health, NQPHN is committed to building local capacity to improve health and wellbeing outcomes across northern Queensland communities.
Recipients of the myPHN 2018 Conference bursary will be selected on the basis of their:
• eligibility as a current practising Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander Health Worker/ Practitioner, and are of Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander origin
• demonstrated interest in Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander health
• written statement outlining the ways in which the bursary would support their professional development.
The bursary will cover:
• full conference registration (including the NQPHN Health Professional Awards evening on 1 September 2018)
• conference catering (morning tea, lunch, and afternoon tea daily)
• travel and accommodation for the conference period (organised by NQPHN)
• transfers to/from Mackay airport.
The bursary will NOT cover:
• meals outside of the conference catering as detailed above
• transfers to/from originating airport
• personal incidentals.
Bursary applications close
5pm Friday 6 July 2018
How to apply
If you have any questions regarding the Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Health Worker bursary, please contact the myPHN 2018 Bursary Team via myPHN@primaryhealth.com.au