John is an advocate for patient safety, quality improvement and equity of access in healthcare.
He has been an active general practitioner at Upper Mt Gravatt, Brisbane since 1977. He is a Fellow of the Royal Australian College of General Practitioners, and the Australian Institute of Company Directors.
- National Electronic Health Transition Authority (NEHTA) – Senior Clinical Governance Advisor
- Australian Therapeutic Goods Advisory Council – Member
- Heart Foundation Cardiovascular Health Advisory Committee – Member
- Remedy Healthcare Clinical Governance Advisory Group – Member and
- NPS MedicineWise – Honorary Member.
Current board positions:
- Chairman Garden City Medical Services Pty Ltd
- Chairman Inala Primary Care Ltd
- Non-executive Director Attune Hearing Pty Ltd
- Non-Executive Director Tonic Health Media Pty Ltd
- Chairman Best Doctors Australasian Medical Advisory Board
- Member of Canossa Services Advisory Board.
On Australia Day 2003, John was honoured as a Member in the General Division of the Order of Australia by the Australian Government for services to medicine, particularly medical administration, and the Australian Divisions of General Practice.